A customisable, affordable, desktop multi-media booth
- Timeline: 1 month
- Client: Various, but first example was for University of St Andrews
- Value: £1500
- Aim: To make a multimedia booth that could be used for multiple purposes including: playing video; listening to audio; user interaction via screen, microphone and buttons; output to projector and external audio.
- What we did: FifeX has produced a number of similar products; a table mounted, portable, multi-media station with audio and a large and very bright touchscreen!
- 17" or 19" touchscreen monitor
- Up to 5 fully customisable buttons - operated through a keyboard encoder to emulate any key you wish PC or Mac
- Full sound system (up to 2 speakers and/or 4 handsets) each with individually adjustable audio control
- Customisable software to allow the playing of movies, sound files or simply showing images
- USB terminal mounted in rear of booth for quick access to pen drives, webcam or keyboards
- Remote login installed for FifeX remote support
- Other optional hardware peripherals, such as wireless keyboards and mice, wireless network adapters and memory sticks (all operational through the external USB port)
- Testimonial: "FifeX has been an extremely important partner in our preparations for a summer science exhibition at the Royal Society in 2007. They provided crucial guidance at very step during the lengthy preparations. They were able to understand our vision and help us implement it. We appreciated their capability of responding to special requirements, such as working directly with our workshop. As a result of this process they produced a set of interactives, which all worked very well and which were visually highly appealing. Many thanks"
Klaus Zuberbuhler, School of Psychology, University of St Andrews