-> Our Work -> Portfolio -> Products
Road Safety Reaction Timer
Unique new resource for road safety education
- Outline: The Road Safety Reaction Timer is an interactive educational resource for all ages, giving users the ability to investigate:
- Their reaction time and its effect on stopping distances (thinking distance)
- The effect on their reaction time when using:
- a mobile phone
- tuning a radio / singing
- reading a map / using SatNav
- The effect of different weather conditions (dry, wet, icy)
- The effect of different speeds (20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70)
This 'plug 'n' play' desktop interactive challenges people's thinking by allowing them to actively explore the relationship between speed and distance and how different factors affect their own concentration and driver's reaction time.
The Road Safety Reaction Timer compliments both primary and secondary learning outcomes and was designed in collaboration with the Road Safety team at Renfrewshire Council.
- Testimonial: "The Reaction Timer is an excellent addition to existing road safety education resources in Scotland. Road Safety Scotland is delighted to support the roll-out to local Road Safety Teams, who are working with their schools to incorporate the Reaction Timer activities into lessons, making valuable links with the Curriculum for Excellence."
Michael McDonnell, Director of Road Safety Scotland